THE PTA NEEDS YOU! None of the special events that are held throughout the year could be done without the help and dedication of our members and parents! Please see below document for a description of the committees and volunteer opportunities that still need to be filled.
NEW PTA Events Calendar!
Click the picture below to print your own copy!
(Updated Jan 2020)
- Jefferson Winter Carnival
- Experience Parties
- Jefferson Tigers Spirit Wear - Back to School
- Scholastic Book Fair Week
- Jefferson Trivia Night
- Square 1 Art Fundraiser
Winter Carnival is Jefferson’s biggest fundraiser! The carnival generates funds for the PTA to support all of the programming and family events at Jefferson. This year's carnival will be February 8, 2020.
What to expect at the Winter Carnival:
Lots of games in the gym and throughout the school. Games you love, like money machine, moon shot, double pop a shot and many more!
- Awesome Tiger Bucks prizes and Raffle Baskets!
- FOR NEW FAMILIES: CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT JEFFERSON WINTER CARNIVAL!
To purchase pre-sale tickets, please CLICK HERE TO BUY ONLINE or CLICK HERE FOR FLYER TO PAY BY CHECK
Other ways you can help:
1. Donate for the popular game Tiger Bucks: See 2020 Carnival Tiger Bucks info here: Feeling lucky? Pull a rolled up Tiger Buck from the bucket to win a prize! What we need:
- Money: Any amount helps purchase prizes for the Carnival (Checks can be made to the Jefferson PTA with “Tiger Bucks” in the memo line).
- Gift cards: we use gift cards from stores like Target, Walmart, etc., to buy prizes needed for the game and/or $5-$10 gift cards for prizes.
- Prizes: Any sized prize, grand to very small (toys, electronics, jewelry, crafts, video games etc.)
- Candy: Movie size candy boxes or full size candy bars.
- Clean Out Your Closet: Donate any NEW toys or games your children have received as gifts that they will not be using. Nothing is too small!!!
2. Experience Party Fundraiser - Do you love to have fun with your Jefferson friends? Host an Experience Party! These fundraising events are a great way to have fun, meet new people & support our students at Jefferson Elementary School. Jefferson families will sign up to attend the parties at the Jefferson Winter Carnival. Click this link for more details or contact Ioana Fernandez (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Winter Carnival is open to everyone in the Jefferson Elementary Community. Your family’s attendance at this awesome event is what matters most. We look forward to seeing you there!
If you have any other questions, please email the Winter Carnival Team at JeffersonWinterCarnival@gmail.
Do you love to have fun with your Jefferson friends? Host an Experience Party!!! These fundraising events are a great way to have fun, meet new people & support our students at Jefferson Elementary School.
If you have an idea for an “Experience Party” you would like to host, please contact Ioana Fernandez.
WANT TO SHOW YOUR JEFFERSON SPIRIT? The 2019 Jefferson Fall Spiritwear online drive is now open and ends on August 23rd. There are many new styles for boys, girls, and parents. Please visit our online store, CIA Spiritwear, and look up Jefferson 2019 (Online ordering only).
Samples of our online sales will be on display at the Spiritwear table during the back to school events listed below. Jefferson magnets, yard signs, knit hats, bling bracelets and athletic headbands will also be available for purchase - while supplies last (cash and check only).
- August 13 - Ice Cream Social 3:30-4:30PM (MPR)
- August 14 - Welcome Back Breakfast & First PTA Meeting 8:15-10AM
For more information, please contact Andria Evans.
Scholastic Book Fair Week: It's still hot outside but we are cooling off by getting ready for our upcoming Arctic Adventure Book Fair at Jefferson which runs September 23-26, 2019. Check out the amazing new titles in the interactive book flyer. There is Snow much to read! Please visit our Book Fair Homepage for hours of operation, special events, and online ordering.
- New this year! Scholastic eWallet. Give your child a secure, cash-free way to shop the book fair. Simply create a free account for your child, preauthorize a spending limit, and have funds immediately available. Your credit card will only be charged for the amount your child spends. Sales tax does apply. Sign up here for an eWallet account.
- School Day Visits (Tuesday 9/24 and Wednesday 9/25): During the school day students will find their free book from the PTA and may also shop with cash from home in a clearly marked resealable bag or their eWallet account. The PTA will provide change and a receipt for all purchases. Sales tax does apply.
- Family Night (Tuesday, September 24, 5:00-8:00PM): There will be crafts and games for students and story time with Dr. Podraza. Simply RSVP on the Book Fair homepage to give us an idea of how many crafts and fun to prepare. Just click on Tuesday and the RSVP is quick and easy. Visit Portillo's before coming to Jefferson to support our PTA! Click here for more information!
- GRAND Event (Wednesday, September 25, 8:30-9:30AM): Family, friends and neighbors are invited to come in before school to shop the Book Fair with their Jefferson Tigers! This is a great opportunity to spend time with someone GRAND (Grandparents, Relatives, Aunts/Uncles, Neighbors, Devoted Caregivers)!
Support our Book Drive by donating new or gently used books - click the picture above for details!
Click the picture above for more details!
Jefferson Parents! Mark your calendars, book your sitters, organize your team and order your tickets. Jefferson Trivia Night will take place on November 15 at Knights of Columbus, 537 S York Street, in Elmhurst. Adults only event. Doors open at 6:30PM, trivia begins at 7:30PM. Cash bar, small bites, silent auction and prizes are all part of the experience. The night will end with karaoke. You can create your own team of 8 or we can help you become part of a team. This year is Decades themed. Come in costume or dress up your table with your decade. Please use this link to order your tickets online (credit card payments available) or print this form and return to school with a check payable to Jefferson PTA. If you have any questions, please contact Ioana Fernandezat email@example.com.
Are you running out of wall space for your kids’ artwork? Square1art can help and Jefferson makes a 38% profit. By ordering useful items decorated with your child’s art, you will give back to our school. Turn your child’s artwork into great keepsakes and help raise money for our school. Please look for the order form in your child’s backpack this fall. For more information, please contact Renata Suerth.
Jefferson's 5th annual Square1 Art fundraiser is just around the corner. Turn your child's artwork into memorable keepsakes and help raise money for school. Order forms will be sent home mid-November. There are three easy ways to order (orders due 11/21):
- Call 888-332-3294
- The paper form attached to your child's catalog