THE PTA NEEDS YOU! None of the special events that are held throughout the year could be done without the help and dedication of our members and parents! Please see below document for a description of the committees and volunteer opportunities that still need to be filled.
NEW PTA Events Calendar!
Click the picture below to print your own copy!
- Scholastic Book Fair Week
- Square 1 Art Fundraiser
- Jefferson Trivia Night
- Winter Carnival/Tiger Fest
- Experience Parties
- Jefferson Tigers Spirit Wear - Back to School
Scholastic Book Fair Week: It's still hot outside but we are cooling off by getting ready for our upcoming Arctic Adventure Book Fair at Jefferson which runs September 23-26, 2019. Check out the amazing new titles in the interactive book flyer. There is Snow much to read! Please visit our Book Fair Homepage for hours of operation, special events, and online ordering.
- New this year! Scholastic eWallet. Give your child a secure, cash-free way to shop the book fair. Simply create a free account for your child, preauthorize a spending limit, and have funds immediately available. Your credit card will only be charged for the amount your child spends. Sales tax does apply. Sign up here for an eWallet account.
- School Day Visits (Tuesday 9/24 and Wednesday 9/25): During the school day students will find their free book from the PTA and may also shop with cash from home in a clearly marked resealable bag or their eWallet account. The PTA will provide change and a receipt for all purchases. Sales tax does apply.
- Family Night (Tuesday, September 24, 5:00-8:00PM): There will be crafts and games for students and story time with Dr. Podraza. Simply RSVP on the Book Fair homepage to give us an idea of how many crafts and fun to prepare. Just click on Tuesday and the RSVP is quick and easy. Visit Portillo's before coming to Jefferson to support our PTA! Click here for more information!
- GRAND Event (Wednesday, September 25, 8:30-9:30AM): Family, friends and neighbors are invited to come in before school to shop the Book Fair with their Jefferson Tigers! This is a great opportunity to spend time with someone GRAND (Grandparents, Relatives, Aunts/Uncles, Neighbors, Devoted Caregivers)!
Support our Book Drive by donating new or gently used books - click the picture above for details!
Are you running out of wall space for your kids’ artwork? Square1art can help and Jefferson makes a 38% profit. By ordering useful items decorated with your child’s art, you will give back to our school. Turn your child’s artwork into great keepsakes and help raise money for our school. Please look for the order form in your child’s backpack this fall. For more information, please contact Renata Suerth.
Jefferson Parents! Mark your calendars, book your sitters, organize your team and order your tickets. The first ever Jefferson Trivia Night will take place on November 15, 2019 at Waterford Banquets, 933 S Riverside Drive in Elmhurst. Adults only! Doors open at 6.30pm, trivia begins at 7.30 pm. Cash bar, snacks, silent auction and prizes are all part of the experience. You can create your own team of 10 or we can help you become part of a team. For any questions or more details, contact Ioana Fernandez, Kara Johnson and Meredith Hardt.
Winter Carnival is Jefferson’s biggest fundraiser! The carnival generates funds for the PTA to support all of the programming and family events at Jefferson.
What to expect at the Winter Carnival:
- Lots of games in the Gym, and throughout the school. New games this year: Money Machine, Speed Radar Pitch, Quarterback Challenge, Moonshot, Double Pop a Shot.
- Tiger Bucks, Food, Class Art Auction and Experience Parties in the MPR.
- Classroom baskets raffle and teacher raffle in the foyer.
Other ways you can help:
Donate for the popular game Tiger Bucks:
Feeling lucky? Pull a rolled up Tiger Buck from the bucket to win a prize! What we need:
- Money: Any amount helps purchase prizes for the Carnival (Checks can be made to the Jefferson PTA with “Tiger Bucks” in the memo line).
- Gift cards: we use gift cards from stores like Target, Walmart, etc., to buy prizes needed for the game and/or $5-$10 gift cards for prizes.
- Prizes: Any sized prize, grand to very small (toys, electronics, jewelry, crafts, video games etc.)
- Candy: Movie size candy boxes or full size candy bars.
- Clean Out Your Closet: Donate any NEW toys or games your children have received as gifts that they will not be using. Nothing is too small!!!
Winter Carnival is open to everyone in the Jefferson Elementary Community. Your family’s attendance at this awesome event is what matters most. We look forward to seeing you there!
If you have any other questions, please email the Winter Carnival Team at JeffersonWinterCarnival@gmail.
Do you love to have fun with your Jefferson friends? Host an Experience Party!!! These fundraising events are a great way to have fun, meet new people & support our students at Jefferson Elementary School.
If you have an idea for an “Experience Party” you would like to host, please contact Ioana Fernandez.
WANT TO SHOW YOUR JEFFERSON SPIRIT? The 2019 Jefferson Fall Spiritwear online drive is now open and ends on August 23rd. There are many new styles for boys, girls, and parents. Please visit our online store, CIA Spiritwear, and look up Jefferson 2019 (Online ordering only).
Samples of our online sales will be on display at the Spiritwear table during the back to school events listed below. Jefferson magnets, yard signs, knit hats, bling bracelets and athletic headbands will also be available for purchase - while supplies last (cash and check only).
- August 13 - Ice Cream Social 3:30-4:30PM (MPR)
- August 14 - Welcome Back Breakfast & First PTA Meeting 8:15-10AM
For more information, please contact Andria Evans.