PTA Fundraising volunteer(s) needs: We have filled our committee chair positions for the fundraising committees for the 2020-2021 school year. Please see information below for ways to volunteer at these important fundraisers if you would like to participate!
- School Supplies
- Jefferson Tigers Spirit Wear - Back to School
- Scholastic Book Fair Week
- Trivia Night
- Square 1 Art Fundraiser
- Winter Carnival
- Winter Carnival - Experience Parties!
- Restaurant Night
WANT TO SHOW YOUR JEFFERSON SPIRIT? The 2019 Jefferson Fall Spiritwear online drive is now open and ends on August 23rd. There are many new styles for boys, girls, and parents. Please visit our online store, CIA Spiritwear, and look up Jefferson 2019 (Online ordering only).
Samples of our online sales will be on display at the Spiritwear table during the back to school events listed below. Jefferson magnets, yard signs, knit hats, bling bracelets and athletic headbands will also be available for purchase - while supplies last (cash and check only).
- August 13 - Ice Cream Social 3:30-4:30PM (MPR)
- August 14 - Welcome Back Breakfast & First PTA Meeting 8:15-10AM
For more information, please contact Andria Evans.
Scholastic Book Fair Week: It's still hot outside but we are cooling off by getting ready for our upcoming Arctic Adventure Book Fair at Jefferson which runs September 23-26, 2019. Check out the amazing new titles in the interactive book flyer. There is Snow much to read! Please visit our Book Fair Homepage for hours of operation, special events, and online ordering.
- New this year! Scholastic eWallet. Give your child a secure, cash-free way to shop the book fair. Simply create a free account for your child, preauthorize a spending limit, and have funds immediately available. Your credit card will only be charged for the amount your child spends. Sales tax does apply. Sign up here for an eWallet account.
- School Day Visits (Tuesday 9/24 and Wednesday 9/25): During the school day students will find their free book from the PTA and may also shop with cash from home in a clearly marked resealable bag or their eWallet account. The PTA will provide change and a receipt for all purchases. Sales tax does apply.
- Family Night (Tuesday, September 24, 5:00-8:00PM): There will be crafts and games for students and story time with Dr. Podraza. Simply RSVP on the Book Fair homepage to give us an idea of how many crafts and fun to prepare. Just click on Tuesday and the RSVP is quick and easy. Visit Portillo's before coming to Jefferson to support our PTA! Click here for more information!
- GRAND Event (Wednesday, September 25, 8:30-9:30AM): Family, friends and neighbors are invited to come in before school to shop the Book Fair with their Jefferson Tigers! This is a great opportunity to spend time with someone GRAND (Grandparents, Relatives, Aunts/Uncles, Neighbors, Devoted Caregivers)!
Support our Book Drive by donating new or gently used books - click the picture above for details!
Click the picture above for more details!
Jefferson Parents! Mark your calendars, book your sitters, organize your team and order your tickets. Jefferson Trivia Night will take place on November 15 at Knights of Columbus, 537 S York Street, in Elmhurst. Adults only event. Doors open at 6:30PM, trivia begins at 7:30PM. Cash bar, small bites, silent auction and prizes are all part of the experience. The night will end with karaoke. You can create your own team of 8 or we can help you become part of a team. This year is Decades themed. Come in costume or dress up your table with your decade. Please use this link to order your tickets online (credit card payments available) or print this form and return to school with a check payable to Jefferson PTA. If you have any questions, please contact Ioana Fernandezat email@example.com.
Are you running out of wall space for your kids’ artwork? Square1art can help and Jefferson makes a 38% profit. By ordering useful items decorated with your child’s art, you will give back to our school. Turn your child’s artwork into great keepsakes and help raise money for our school. Please look for the order form in your child’s backpack this fall. For more information, please contact Renata Suerth.
Jefferson's 5th annual Square1 Art fundraiser is just around the corner. Turn your child's artwork into memorable keepsakes and help raise money for school. Order forms will be sent home mid-November. There are three easy ways to order (orders due 11/21):
- Call 888-332-3294
- The paper form attached to your child's catalog
Step right up, and get ready for a day of FUN at the Jefferson Winter Carnival!
The Winter Carnival is on Saturday, February 8th from 12:00PM-4:00PM at Jefferson Elementary School.
The Jefferson Winter Carnival is our biggest fundraiser of the year. It generates funds for the PTA to support all of the programming and family events at Jefferson. This year we are raising money to support the Non-Fiction Periodical Subscriptions, Acceleration Block Materials, Genius Hour/Passion Projects Start-Up Funds, Creative Technology, Maker Space enhancements, and Professional Learning.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE CARNIVAL:
- Games, Prizes, Fun & Excitement! NEW games this year: Pop a Shot, Hockey Slapshot, First Down Football Toss, Tip-a-Troll and Bring Home the Bacon!
- Tiger Bucks, Photo Booth, Cotton Candy, Food, School Perks Auction and Experience Parties Sign up in the MPR.
- Cake Walk is BACK and locked on the 2nd floor!
- Classroom Art Sales, Face Painting and Balloon Twister located on the 1st floor in the 1st Grade hallway.
- Raffles (Classroom Baskets and Teacher Baskets) located on the 1st floor.
- Prize Room is in a new location on the 2nd floor this year! NEW Prizes this year: footballs, soccer balls, basket balls, squishes, backpacks, headphones, bluetooth speakers and sports blankets!
Check out the Carnival layout here (link the final floor plan).
Carnival Admission Options:
ADVANCE Wristband & Raffle Ticket Sales: if you already purchased wristbands and raffle tickets, they will be available for pick up on Carnival day at the Welcome Table located in the foyer.
Carnival Day Wristband & Raffle Ticket Sales: Individual wristbands will be $20 each ($5 for kids 4 and under), raffle tickets $1 each and individual game tickets 50¢ each. Each game ticket can be used for 1 round at a game. Credit card, check or cash payment options will be available to make purchase on Carnival Day.
Other important info:
- There is NO CHARGE for adults to attend the Carnival, but ALL children must be supervised.
- Tiger Bucks and Food are CASH ONLY!
- Cake Walk, Photo Booth and Raffles will require raffle tickets.
- Wristbands and individual game tickets, pre-purchase or purchased at the door allow access to most games, face painters and balloon twister.
- Checks (payable to Jefferson PTA) or Credit Cards used for: Wristbands, Individual Game Tickets, Raffle Tickets, Classroom Art, School Perks and Experience Party Reservations.
Ways to help make the Winter Carnival a SUCCESS:
VOLUNTEER to help: It's not too late! There is a lot of work that goes into planning, setting up, running and breaking down this event. We could not do it without your help! To volunteer, click this Membership Toolkit link. Volunteers (Jefferson parents, students or alumni only) will be rewarded for their time with 1 raffle ticket for each volunteer hour! Thank you to everyone who has already signed up to volunteer at the Jefferson Winter Carnival.
Experience Party Sign Up: Don't forget to sign up and save your spot for our amazing Experience Parties (Updated 2/18/20) this year. Many will sell out quickly so don't hesitate. These fundraising events are a great way to have fun, meet new people & support our students at Jefferson. Want to plan ahead & grab a group or your friends to sign up? Here are this year's Experience Parties - The Jefferson Parents Fall Trolley, Jefferson Parents Halloween Party, Jefferson Mom's Pool Party, Outdoor Movie Night (Grades K-2, 3-5), Kids Baking Party, Yoga Sculpt Class, Day Off Pik-a-Pot n Paint Pizza Party, Valentine's Day Couples Party (2021), Mini Makers, Mamas, and Munchies.
Tiger Bucks: Tiger Bucks is one of the most popular games at the Winter Carnival & it is back for another year! Check out these amazing prizes available this year - Electric Scooter, Chrome Book, Ear Pods, Fuji Film Camera, Nintendo Switch, LEGO, Our Generation Doll and Food Truck, Echo Show.
Class Baskets Raffle: Save some raffle tickets for all the awesome baskets created by each class. New this year: Snow Day, Cash Basket, Gamers Basket. Save some raffle tickets for Star Wars, Spa for Girls, Unicorn, Nerf and LEGO. See Samples of class baskets below:
Teacher Raffle: Don’t forget to save some raffle tickets for the Teacher Raffle. Your child and a few friends can get the chance to hang out and have fun with their favorite Jefferson Teacher (such as: Ice Cream Sundaes, Librarian for a 1/2 day, Donuts and Books, Cookie Decorating, Board Games and Crafts, Lunch with your favorite teacher and Principal for the Day!)
School Perks: Stop by the MPR and bid to win one or all of the popular School Perks like the Giving Tree VIP Seats & Parking Spots, Premium Parking Spots, Extra Recess for one entire classroom and Lunch with the Principal. Check out this exciting, NEW perk - Reserved Parking Spot for Drop off & Pick up!!!
Classroom Artwork: Classroom Art is back and in a whole NEW way! This year, each student (K-4th Grade) has created their own themed art specific to their grade. Head to the 1st floor, 1st grade hallway to check it out and purchase your child's Individual framed artwork or the class project to brighten your house with school memories created by your super talented Jefferson students (and parents). For artwork pricing and themes CLICK HERE and for a preview of the classroom art CLICK HERE.
Cake Walk: Head up to the 2nd floor with your raffle tickets & win some delicious treats at the Cake Walk. Cakes! Cookies! Cupcakes! Muffins! Pies! Candy Bars! Yummy! Also, it's not too late to donate & can be dropped off at 303 E. Crescent. All items be store bought, in their original package, include ingredient label and not require refrigeration. Gluten and nut-free options welcome. Please contact Amanda French (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Rachell Buhler (email@example.com) with any questions.
The Jefferson Winter Carnival is open to everyone in the Jefferson Elementary Community. Your family’s attendance at this event is what matters most. We look forward to seeing you there!
Any questions, please email the Winter Carnival Chairs (Jen Bullock and Erin Nolan) at JeffersonWinterCarnival@gmail.com.
If you have any other questions, please email the Winter Carnival Chairs (Jen Bullock and Erin Nolan) at JeffersonWinterCarnival@gmail.
Experience Party Sign Up: Don't forget to sign up and save your spot for our amazing Experience Parties (Updated 3/8/20) this year. Many will sell out quickly so don't hesitate. These fundraising events are a great way to have fun, meet new people & support our students at Jefferson. Want to plan ahead & grab a group or your friends to sign up? Here are this year's Experience Parties - The Jefferson Parents Fall Trolley, Jefferson Parents Halloween Party, Jefferson Mom's Pool Party, Outdoor Movie Night (Grades K-2, 3-5), Kids Baking Party, Yoga Sculpt Class, Day Off Pik-a-Pot n Paint Pizza Party, Valentine's Day Couples Party (2021), Mini Makers, Mamas, and Munchies.