THE PTA NEEDS YOU! None of the special events that are held throughout the year could be done without the help and dedication of our members and parents! Please see below document for a description of the committees and volunteer opportunities that still need to be filled.
NEW PTA Events Calendar!
Click the picture below to print your own copy!
- Jefferson Tigers Spirit Wear - Back to School
- Book Fair
- Square 1 Art Fundraiser
- Jefferson Trivia Night
- Winter Carnival/Tiger Fest
- Experience Parties
WANT TO SHOW YOUR JEFFERSON SPIRIT? The 2019 Jefferson Fall Spiritwear online drive is now open and ends on August 23rd. There are many new styles for boys, girls, and parents. Please visit our online store, CIA Spiritwear, and look up Jefferson 2019 (Online ordering only).
Samples of our online sales will be on display at the Spiritwear table during the back to school events listed below. Jefferson magnets, yard signs, knit hats, bling bracelets and athletic headbands will also be available for purchase - while supplies last (cash and check only).
- August 13 - Ice Cream Social 3:30-4:30PM (MPR)
- August 14 - Welcome Back Breakfast & First PTA Meeting 8:15-10AM
EVERYBODY loves the book fair! The Scholastic Book Fair is coming to Jefferson September 23 - 27, 2019. Our goal is to put lots of books in little hands. The Jefferson PTA will make sure every student receives a free book (worth $5 or less). This is also your chance to donate any used books you may have around the house. Join us for Family Reading Night at the fair Thursday, September 26 where Dr. Podraza will read to the students. There will be games, crafts, and fun to be had by all!
Jefferson’s 5th Annual Square One Art fundraiser is just around the corner. Turn your child’s artwork into great keepsakes and help raise money for our school. Please look for the order form in your child’s backpack.
There are 3 easy ways to order:
2. Call 888-332-3294
3. Use the paper order form attached to your child’s catalog
Jefferson Parents! Mark your calendars, book your sitters, organize your team and order your tickets. The first ever Jefferson Trivia Night will take place on November 15, 2019 at Waterford Banquets, 933 S Riverside Drive in Elmhurst. Adults only! Doors open at 6.30pm, trivia begins at 7.30 pm. Cash bar, snacks, silent auction and prizes are all part of the experience. You can create your own team of 10 or we can help you become part of a team. For any questions or more details, contact Ioana Fernandez, Kara Johnson or Meredith Hardt!
Winter Carnival is Jefferson’s biggest fundraiser! The carnival generates funds for the PTA to support all of the programming and family events at Jefferson.
What to expect at the Winter Carnival:
- Lots of games in the Gym, and throughout the school. New games this year: Money Machine, Speed Radar Pitch, Quarterback Challenge, Moonshot, Double Pop a Shot.
- Tiger Bucks, Food, Class Art Auction and Experience Parties in the MPR.
- Classroom baskets raffle and teacher raffle in the foyer.
Other ways you can help:
Donate for the popular game Tiger Bucks:
Feeling lucky? Pull a rolled up Tiger Buck from the bucket to win a prize! What we need:
- Money: Any amount helps purchase prizes for the Carnival (Checks can be made to the Jefferson PTA with “Tiger Bucks” in the memo line).
- Gift cards: we use gift cards from stores like Target, Walmart, etc., to buy prizes needed for the game and/or $5-$10 gift cards for prizes.
- Prizes: Any sized prize, grand to very small (toys, electronics, jewelry, crafts, video games etc.)
- Candy: Movie size candy boxes or full size candy bars.
- Clean Out Your Closet: Donate any NEW toys or games your children have received as gifts that they will not be using. Nothing is too small!!!
Winter Carnival is open to everyone in the Jefferson Elementary Community. Your family’s attendance at this awesome event is what matters most. We look forward to seeing you there!
If you have any other questions, please email the Winter Carnival Team at JeffersonWinterCarnival@gmail.
Do you love to have fun with your Jefferson friends? Host an Experience Party!!! These fundraising events are a great way to have fun, meet new people & support our students at Jefferson Elementary School.
If you have an idea for an “Experience Party” you would like to host, please contact Ioana Fernandez at email@example.com.